Thursday, May 6, 2010

Designer Spotlight Part Two: Alyssa Zukas Interview Cont.


Here is the rest of my interview with Alyssa Zukas of Two String Jane. Alyssa also custom makes jewelry and adds embellishments to vintage footwear, like these studded lighting bolt boots and this bib necklace. Here we go:

MASH: Why the name Two String Jane?

AZ: Jane is what I named my guitar that I found at a garage sale for $2. It only had two strings on it at the time when I bought it and I used to learn how to play things on my guitar when I had "designers block". Thus "two string jane"!


MASH: What advice would you give to a designer trying to make a name for themselves?


AZ: Always stay true to yourself and your style and it will show in your work... and be open to the unexpected. Invest in branding for yourself and especially in good pictures! They're the most valuable tool you have when selling your brand.


MASH: Who is your favorite designer? Why?
AZ: I love Karen Walker right now, her stuff is flirty and feminine with a tomboy twist which I think is a great mix and her florals are amazing!




Karen Walker spring/summer '10

MASH: Finally, where do you see yourself in five years?

AZ: Still working away on anything creative I can get my hands on. I'd love to have my own physical storefront someday! Curating a collection for a store of my own would be one of the most fun things ever.


It was great getting to know this cool new designer. Don't forget to check out her designs at Two String Jane and be sure to look into her custom embellished shoes.


(photos courtesy of etsy.com/twostringjane)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loving the shoes and the necklace is cool.